The district said more information is expected Wednesday. CORTLAND (WBNG) — 8th grade and high school students in the Cortland Enlarged City School District will learn remotely Tuesday, Dec. 8. The district announced on its Facebook page all 8th graders will continue remote learning until Wednesday, Dec. 16, and all high school students will learn remotely through Wednesday, Dec. 9. Courtesy: Cortland City Enlarged School District Facebook The district plans to have 8th graders return to in-person learning on Thursday, Dec. 17.
In his previous statement, Mayor Limnoted that the local government unit of Caluya will do all means to providebasic necessities and potential remedies for the residents affected byCOVID-19.Lim also lauded the Caluhaynons for their efforts in following protocols statedin his executive orders.“Yung pandemic na ito, sana matapos na ‘to kasi ginagawa namin anglahat ng makakaya namin dito sa Caluya, saSemirara,”Mayor Lim said. SAN JOSE, Antique – Mayor Rigil Kent Limof Caluya, Antique assured his residents that they have enough food supply andother basic needs amid the temporary lockdown in the town following confirmedcases of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) there. “Wala kaming problema sa relief goodsnamin. Ongoing ang second wave of relief goods,” Lim recently said. He expressed his appreciation to theAntique provincial government for sending vegetables and sacks of rice as reliefpacks. Food packs given to residents of Barangay Semirara, Caluya, Antique include variety of vegetables. Caluya is currently on a lockdown to curb the spread of coronavirus disease 2019. BLGU SEMIRARA Last week, Caluya confirmed three newcases of coronavirus disease 2019 – total now is four.The new cases are being isolated and are now in stable condition.Barangay Semirara, Caluya chief Catherine Lim, for her part, said that reliefgoods – consisting 25 kilograms of rice and various vegetables each – havealready been distributed to the affected households in the island village. She added the next batch of food packs arrivingare also dedicated for the 4,600 households of Barangay Semirara.(With a report from PIA/PN)
Published on May 18, 2014 at 7:06 pm Contact Phil: [email protected] | @PhilDAbb It took a loss of high magnitude to see the other sides of Syracuse’s players.The seemingly unbreakable Chris Daddio was finally broken. Kevin Rice, the offense’s top facilitator, took out his frustration on a paper cup in the postgame press conference, bending it over and over again. And senior midfielder and captain Billy Ward, one to always speak up and address his teammates when they needed motivation, had no words for his team.“It’s never easy when the season’s over,” Ward said on Friday. “It was definitely a tough, tough atmosphere.“This is one that’s probably going to sting for a while.”AdvertisementThis is placeholder textSyracuse’s year full of highs and lows ended on the latter. An unprecedented run in the second half of the season earned the Orange the No. 2 seed in the NCAA tournament, but unseeded Bryant fearlessly stomped into the Carrier Dome on May 11 and stunned the Orange, 10-9, in the opening round. The upset swiftly ended SU’s hopes of returning to the NCAA championship game, and Syracuse’s senior class moved on without a national championship ring for the second straight year. “We had a great team this year, probably one of the best I’ve ever been a part of,” senior Matt Harris said after losing to Bryant. “It’s not a great feeling, I can tell you that. I’m sure it’s going to take a day or two to kind of settle in.“Right now, I just wish we could’ve had a couple more goals.”The Orange kicked off the year with a pounding of Siena and a thrilling overtime defeat of Albany, but the roller coaster had hardly begun.SU’s introduction to the Atlantic Coast Conference was not a welcome one. Struggles at the faceoff X reminiscent of the Orange’s biggest flaw a year ago struck again, the attack was still learning how to utilize newcomer Randy Staats and the defense was slow to mesh.Three losses in three ACC games — with an upset of Johns Hopkins mixed in — had the Orange at 4-3 overall with its ACC and NCAA tournament hopes in jeopardy.But after a 21-7 loss to Duke on March 23 came the senior meeting that sparked a turnaround.“We had high expectations coming in this year,” Ward said. “Things weren’t going our way and it’s not like we were close in games. We were getting blown out. We just wanted to all get on the same page, and we did.”Syracuse went on a six-game winning streak that launched it from the cellar of the conference to the nation’s elite, the end of it proving to be the climax of the Orange’s season. SU drew Duke in the first round of the ACC tournament — which had blown out the Orange a month earlier, beaten SU for the NCAA title last May and knocked Syracuse out of the NCAA tournament’s first round in 2012.And for 50 minutes of game time on April 25, it appeared Duke would continue to dominate before the Orange pulled off a miraculous comeback. SU tied up the score with 15 seconds left and Dylan Donahue scored the game-winner from the right doorstep with just one second left on the clock. “You’ve got that one enemy, that one villain out there and the fact that we finally took them down gave us a lot of confidence,” senior goalie Dominic Lamolinara said. It was the Orange’s highest point of the season. But unfortunately, there wouldn’t be another moment to rival that one.Notre Dame held off a late surge by the Orange to win the ACC tournament two days later, and SU steamrolled Colgate a week later before heading into the NCAA tournament as the No. 2 seed.But Bryant’s puzzling zone defense stymied SU’s attack and despite a fourth-quarter charge, the Orange fell short. A week later, regret was the only thing on Lamolinara’s mind as he watched Bryant take on his former Maryland program in a game he felt the Orange should’ve been playing.Instead, Syracuse is now more than a week into its summer vacation.“I think there’ll be a time and a place when we can look back and be proud of what we did,” Ward said, “but at the same time, there’ll always be that one thing we never got.“It was a great year. It didn’t end how we wanted it to, but that’s the game of lacrosse.” Comments Facebook Twitter Google+
An unexpected water outage is affecting homes, businesses and farms in North Donegal this Thursday morning.A burst water main is reported in Gortahork, while properties in Falcarragh and surrounding areas are also without water.Irish Water crews are currently working on the fault in Gortahork. It is expected that supplies will be restored by 5pm this evening. Meanwhile, the Falcarragh fault remains under investigation.Water outage strikes villages in North Donegal was last modified: April 11th, 2019 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
Following one of the biggest dope scandals in the country, the government on Thursday appointed Justice (retd) Mukul Mudgal to enquire into all aspects of the fiasco.India’s top eight athletes, including three members of the Commonwealth Games and Asiad gold medal winning sprinters, had tested positive for anabolic steroids in out-of-competition testing.The one-member committee, which will be assisted by NADA’s senior Project Manager V Jayaramaan, has been asked to submit its report within six weeks.As per the terms of reference stated in the Sports Ministry’s order issued on Thursday, the Committee has been asked to “determine the facts and circumstances leading to large scale recent incidents of alleged doping in Athletics discipline.”Justice Mudgal, former chief justice of Punjab and Haryana High Court, will also “examine reasons for such large scale prevalence of doping and modus operandi involved, including availability of the prohibited substances in and around training camps/competitions.”The committee will “enquire into the role of agencies involved, if any. Suggest remedial measures to improve the protocols of dope testing and its integrity and promptness so that such lapses, if any, do not happen in future”.Indian athletics was rocked by a doping scandal recently when eight athletes, including Ashwini Akkunji, Mandeep Kaur and Sini Jose, who were part of the CWG and Asian Games gold-winning relay quartet, tested positive for banned substances.- With PTI inputs
About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Wolves midfielder Joao Moutinho: I can play five more years easilyby Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveWolves midfielder Joao Moutinho says he has plenty of football left in him.The 33-year-old midfielder has already made 14 appearances in all competitions for Wolves this season as the club made their return to European football for the first time in almost four decades.”The age, it’s just a number. I feel good.” Moutinho told Sky Sports.”I can play, if you ask me now, five years easily. But we never know what comes for the next year, or the next week.”What I keep trying in my mind is to work hard in the week to be better for the game.”
Ex-Chelsea boss Mourinho brands Diego Costa an ‘animal’by Ansser Sadiq11 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveJose Mourinho spoke about his former striker Diego Costa in a recent word association game.Costa was part of Mourinho’s Chelsea team during his second spell at the club, helping the Blues to the Premier League title.And during a word association game with LiveScore, Mourinho was asked to say a single word to describe events or people in the game.When he was asked about Costa, his response was “animal.”Costa has often been praised for his tenacity and intensity, which made him a nightmare for Premier League defenders.Other players Mourinho mentioned include John Terry (leader), Didier Drogba (legend), Michael Essien (son), Cristiano Ronaldo (goal), and Lionel Messi (magic). TagsTransfersAbout the authorAnsser SadiqShare the loveHave your say
His character on the upcoming season of American Horror Story may relish violence, but in real life, James Cromwell is committed to ending it.Video: Oscar Nominee James Cromwell Warns Against ViolenceThat’s why the Oscar nominee has teamed up with PETA UK for a new video public service announcement that warns everyone to look out for people who hurt animals – before they move on to hurting other humans.“People who commit violent acts often start out by hurting animals”, explains Cromwell in the video. “If you know of someone who’s abusing or neglecting an animal, don’t ignore it or just assume that someone else will do something. Call the police. And if you have kids or grandkids, please talk to them about the importance of being kind to animals. That conversation might save a life. Let’s stop the cycle of violence before it begins.”Studies have shown that violent and aggressive criminals are more likely to have abused animals as children than criminals who are considered non-aggressive. Young killers Mary Bell, Robert Thompson and Jon Venables as well as serial murderers Ian Huntley, Thomas Hamilton (the Dunblane massacre), Fred West, Dennis Nilsen, Ian Brady and Raoul Moat all started out by deliberately harming animals. Because abusers target the powerless, crimes against animals, spouses, children and the elderly often go hand in hand. An abuser may even harm or threaten to harm an animal as a way of emotionally terrorizing a family member.Known for his acclaimed roles in Babe, The Green Mile, The Artist and Six Feet Under, among many others, Cromwell will soon be seen on FXUK playing Dr Arden on American Horror Story: Asylum.Cromwell is part of a long list of celebrities – including Pamela Anderson, Justin Bieber, Lea Michele, Tamara Ecclestone, Ricky Gervais and Joaquin Phoenix – who have teamed up with PETA UK to promote kindness to animals.For more information on preventing abuse towards animals, visit PETA.org.uk.
GENEVA — The U.S. ambassador to the World Trade Organization has welcomed two rulings that backed the United States in a long-running dispute with Mexico over U.S. “dolphin safe” tuna labeling.The Trump administration has repeatedly criticized the WTO appellate body that delivered the rulings, and has thwarted efforts to appoint new members to it.A WTO panel formally adopted Friday the rulings last month that found U.S. tuna-labeling measures in line with Washington’s commitments to the trade organization.While welcoming the decision, Ambassador Dennis Shea voiced disappointment that it had taken “more than a decade to resolve.”Alluding to Mexico’s concerns, Shea lamented that the U.S. “was forced to expend considerable resources over nearly a decade trying to defend successfully what was always an environmental measure with no element of protectionism.”The Associated Press