Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.
North Korea’s Kim Jong Un has made his first public appearance in nearly three weeks, state media reported Saturday, following intense speculation that the leader of the nuclear-armed nation was seriously ill or possibly dead.The North reported that Kim had attended the opening of a fertiliser factory and released pictures it said showed the leader cutting a ribbon at the ceremony on Friday in Sunchon, north of Pyongyang, although the appearance could not be verified. His absence triggered a series of fevered rumours and unconfirmed reports over his condition, while the United States and South Korea insisted they had no information to believe any of the conjecture was true.Seoul’s unification ministry reacted to Saturday’s report by saying “groundless” speculation about Kim had caused “unnecessary confusion”, calling for more careful consideration in future. Kim’s sudden death would have left Pyongyang facing an unplanned succession for the first time in its history and raised unanswered questions over who would succeed him and take over the North’s nuclear arsenal.China, the North’s key diplomatic ally and main provider of trade and aid, is keen to maintain stability in its neighbour and avoid the possibility of an influx of refugees. North Korea is “at the epicentre of an extremely tense security crisis”, involving “a nuclear standoff where tens of millions of lives are at stake,” Henri Feron, Senior Fellow at the US Center for International Policy, told AFP.”This raises legitimate concerns about the domestic and international instability that his death could cause.”The pictures released by the Rodong Sinmun newspaper showed Kim in his trademark black suit, smiling broadly as he looked around the factory. He was flanked by senior officials — including his sister and close adviser Kim Yo Jong — and showed no outward signs of ill health.As with previous pictures released by the North during the global coronavirus pandemic, Kim was not wearing a mask, unlike the hundreds of workers cheering for him and releasing balloons.The Korean Central News Agency said that onlookers “broke into thunderous cheers of ‘hurrah!'” when Kim appeared.Analysts said Kim could not appear in public wearing a mask as it would make him appear vulnerable to the North Korean people.The North has insisted that it has not seen a single case of coronavirus, although experts say it is unlikely.Kim’s repeated appearances without a mask had led some to speculate that he may have caught the virus.Reporting from inside the isolated North is notoriously difficult, especially on matters relating to its highly secretive leadership.Rumours of ill health The North Korean leader had not made a public appearance since presiding over a Workers’ Party politburo meeting on April 11, and the following day state media reported that he had inspected fighter jets.Daily NK, an online media outlet run mostly by North Korean defectors, had reported that Kim was undergoing treatment after a cardiovascular procedure last month.Citing an unidentified source inside the country, it said Kim — who is in his mid-30s — had needed urgent treatment due to heavy smoking, obesity and fatigue.CNN then reported that Washington was “monitoring intelligence” that Kim was in “grave danger” after undergoing surgery, quoting an anonymous US official.Officials in Seoul had consistently downplayed the reports and a presidential security advisor said that Kim was “alive and well” and staying in the eastern resort town of Wonsan.US President Donald Trump suggested earlier this week that Washington believed Kim to be alive and declined to immediately comment on Kim’s apparent re-emergence.Trump and Kim have met three times, although talks on the North’s nuclear capabilities have long been stalled with no sign of them resuming.Analysts say Kim is likely to make another public appearance in the coming days that will be reported by state media. But Pyongyang “probably won’t explain Kim’s recent absence given the secrecy around the leader’s health and schedule,” said Leif-Eric Easley, a professor of international studies at Ewha University in Seoul.Previous absences from the public eye on Kim’s part have also prompted speculation about his health.Kim’s father and predecessor had been dead for two days before anyone outside the innermost circles of North Korean leadership was aware.In 2014, Kim Jong Un dropped out of sight for nearly six weeks before reappearing with a cane. Days later, the South’s spy agency said he had undergone surgery to remove a cyst from his ankle.Topics : Rumours about Kim’s health have been swirling since his conspicuous no-show at April 15 celebrations for the birthday of his grandfather, the North’s founder — the most important day in the country’s political calendar.
Comment Fraser is unsure where his future lies (Picture: Getty Images,)‘The lads have been asking,’ Fraser told BBC Scotland. ‘I don’t know myself so there’s no point thinking about it, wherever I’ll be, I’ll be. I don’t know what is happening. I’m not just saying that.‘Wherever I’ll be, if it’s Bournemouth or if it’s at somebody else, then all you can do is try your best and enjoy football.‘If you think about anything else, I’ll probably have a bad game.’More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man CityFraser and Bournemouth team-mate Callum Wilson forged an impressive partnership this season, combing for 12 goals, which is a new record in a 38-game Premier League season.Wilson is desperate to see Fraser stay put on the south coast and will go to extreme lengths to keep him there.‘We didn’t actually even work on that partnership in training,’ Wilson told talkSPORT. ‘The manager hasn’t done anything with us, it just seems to have forged on the pitch.‘It’s my delight and I’ll be making sure he doesn’t go anywhere this summer.‘He was a big supply for me, he assisted half of my goals! But he’s not going anywhere, I’ll make sure. I’ll padlock him, I’ll get him in a headlock!’MORE: Virgil van Dijk or Lionel Messi? Jamie Carragher predicts who will win 2019 Ballon d’OrMORE: Thibaut Courtois welcomes Eden Hazard to Real Madrid after forward follows him from Chelsea Advertisement Ryan Fraser unsure over Bournemouth future amid Arsenal transfer speculation Ryan Fraser has been linked with a move away from Bournemouth (Picture: Getty Images)Ryan Fraser says he is still unsure over where he will be playing next season, as expectations of Arsenal making a bid for the Bournemouth winger continue to mount.The Scotland international was in excellent form for the Cherries last season, providing 14 assists in the Premier League, a total only bettered by Eden Hazard (15).The 25-year-old also scored six goals in the league and has been linked with a big-money move to one of the giants of the Premier League as a result.Manchester United were also interested in his services, but were reportedly quoted an asking price of £40m, which saw them look elsewhere.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENTArsenal remain interested, but the player himself was unable to shed any light on the progress of that potential deal. Advertisement Phil HaighMonday 10 Jun 2019 7:50 amShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link54Shares
Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi says he is determined to leave a lasting legacy as he begins a second stint as coach of one of Africa’s most famous footballing nations.The 53 year old will hope for an improved relationship with the new officials at the Nigeria Football Federation as he tries to steer the 2013 champions back to the top in his second coming.
Read Also:Awoniyi regrets playing in colours of Mainz 05 “When I joined Liverpool I dreamed to play there and it’s something I have to look forward to,” he told brila fm “Without the work permit I don’t think I’ll have a chance. But if I don’t get the chance, then I’ll move on and find satisfaction elsewhere.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Awoniyi joined Liverpool in 2015, but is yet to play a game for the Premier League side because of work permit issues. The young Forward has been on loans to Belgium and Germany, but says his determination to play inside Anfield as a Red is firm.Advertisement Promoted ContentWhy Are Sharks Afraid Of Dolphins?Did You Know There’s A Black Hole In The Milky Way?11 Most Immersive Game To Play On Your Table TopA Soviet Shot Put Thrower’s Record Hasn’t Been Beaten To This DayThe Best Cars Of All TimeBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?Top 10 Most Populated Cities In The WorldCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?Can Playing Too Many Video Games Hurt Your Body?The Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read More Nigerian striker, Taiwo Awoniy, says he is determined to return to Liverpool to fulfill his boyhood dream Loading…
Paul H. Raab, age 83 of Morris, died Sunday, November 26, 2017 at University Hospital in Cincinnati. Born September 8, 1934 in Morris, he is the son of Philomena (Nee: Grossman) and Clemens Raab. He married Alice Graf July 19, 1958 at St. John the Baptist Church in Dover. Paul worked 35 years at National Lead Company of Ohio (Fernald) and farmed up until the time of his death. He served in the army from 1954-1956.A member of St. Anthony’s Church, Paul was very active. He was one of the original members who started the church’s Sunday night bingo and just recently stepped down after serving as chairman of the committee for over 40 years. Each year he sponsored a Haitian child from the church’s sister parish in Haiti, was a Eucharistic Minister and a long time supporter of the annual Labor Day picnic. A talented wood worker, each year he would donate an item to be raffled off. Each member of the family also received an item Paul made specifically for them that have become cherished heirlooms. As the time progressed from kids, to grandkids and great grandkids, he would help them create their own projects to display at the fair. Paul and Alice would put out a garden each year to help feed the large family and canned the excess to be used during the winter months. In his free time, Paul liked to read, usually something related to history or religion.He is survived by his wife Alice; daughters Diana Vogel of Whiteland, Indiana, Rita Ludwig of Batesville, Susan Tekulve of Batesville, Julia Nobbe of Greensburg; sons Allen of Oldenburg, Raymond of Batesville, David of Metamora; 24 grandchildren and 22 great grandchildren. In addition to his parents, he is also preceded in death by brothers Clarence and Joseph.Visitation is Thursday, November 30th, from 4 – 7 p.m. at the Weigel Funeral Home. Funeral services are 10 a.m. Friday, December 1st, at St. Anthony’s Church with Rev. Shaun Whittington officiating. Burial will follow in the church cemetery with military honors conducted by the Batesville V.F.W. post #3183 and the Prell-Bland American Legion Post #271. The family requests memorials to the St. Anthony’s Haiti Ministry.
Batesville, In. — As horse racing fans prepare for the 144th running of the Kentucky Derby today experts say up to $32 million in wagers will be placed at the track alone, countless millions more with sports books and off-track betting facilities.A new study from WalletHub ® shows what most people may assume, Nevada is the most gambling addicted state in the country. The study also shows Kentucky, home of the derby, is 48th on that list.Here’s a link to the full study.
Indianapolis, IN— The corn maze at Conner Prairie has been recognized with the 2019 USA TODAY 10 Best Readers’ Choice award for Best Corn Maze, making it one of the top 10 attractions of its kind in the country. To celebrate the honor, Conner Prairie today unveiled the design of the 2019 corn maze, which is sponsored by Corteva Agriscience and will open to the public on Sept. 21.The 10 Best corn mazes were voted on by USA TODAY readers over four weeks. The ballot was developed by a panel of experts, who narrowed more than 500 mazes across the nation down to a list of 20 of the most exemplary mazes. As a 10Best Readers’ Choice recipient, the Conner Prairie corn maze will receive a badge of recognition for the 2019 season and be featured on 10Best.com.“Thank you to everyone who voted Conner Prairie’s corn maze as one of the best in the country,” said Richard Cooper, vice president, and chief programs officer at Conner Prairie. “Every year, the maze grows larger, and we are excited to welcome visitors from all around the country to explore with us.”Today, Conner Prairie also unveiled the design of the 2019 corn maze sponsored by Corteva Agriscience. This season, visitors will weave through 12 acres, while overhead, a witch will ride a broomstick, bats will fly and the 1859 Balloon Voyage will soar.“See if you can find your way through my maze before I catch you on my broomstick!” said the Corn Maze Witch.The maze features three paths—a small maze for younger guests, a long maze for teens and adults, and the Headless Hollow Spooky Maze open during the Headless Horseman festival (for ages 12+) with tricks and surprises along the way. Guest ages 15 and younger must be accompanied by an adult.The maze opens Saturday, Sept. 21 and will remain open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday until Oct. 27. Paid museum guests and members can pay an activity fee to enter the maze. The activity fee is $5 per guest and $4 per member. Youth under two years old are free.The corn maze is also open during Headless Horseman festival, Conner Prairie’s annual Halloween festival on select dates from Oct. 10 to 27. Gates open for Headless Horseman at 6 p.m. and close at 9 p.m. Activities and hayrides may run until 10 p.m. or later.
VETERAN PRESENCE: Each team has relied heavily on their seniors this year. Chris Lewis, Robert Baker, Christian Juzang and Justin Bassey have combined to account for 42 percent of Harvard’s scoring this season. For Penn, AJ Brodeur, Devon Goodman, Jordan Dingle and Ryan Betley have collectively accounted for 72 percent of all Penn scoring.DEFENSIVE IMPROVEMENTS: The Quakers have allowed just 66.8 points per game across nine conference games, an improvement from the 75.5 per game they gave up against non-conference foes.CREATING OFFENSE: Brodeur has made or assisted on 43 percent of all Penn field goals over the last three games. The senior forward has accounted for 17 field goals and 11 assists in those games.STREAK STATS: Harvard has won its last nine home games, scoring an average of 74 points while giving up 57.2.ASSIST RATIOS: The Quakers have recently gotten baskets via assists more often than the Crimson. Harvard has an assist on 34 of 86 field goals (39.5 percent) across its previous three matchups while Penn has assists on 34 of 65 field goals (52.3 percent) during its past three games. Associated Press February 22, 2020 Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditPenn (13-9, 5-4) vs. Harvard (17-7, 6-3)Lavietes Pavilion, Boston; Saturday, 7 p.m. ESTBOTTOM LINE: Harvard looks for its eighth straight win over Penn at Lavietes Pavilion. The last victory for the Quakers at Harvard was a 55-54 win on Feb. 25, 2012. Harvard looks for home win vs Penn DID YOU KNOW: Harvard managed to score exactly 200 points across three matchups against Penn last season.___For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25___This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com